Join Our Team!
Healthy Housing Voucher Initiative
Project Manager/Outreach Coordinator
Open Communities Alliance (OCA) is a Connecticut-based civil rights non-profit working to confront the state’s deep levels of residential segregation. Our new Healthy Housing Voucher initiative, supported by the CT Health Foundation, seeks to empower health providers to offer housing options to low-income families with asthmatic children the ability to move to neighborhoods likely to yield better health results, if the family so chooses. Learn more about the project here.
OCA seeks an individual committed to social justice capable of successfully leading the launch of this pilot initiative and guiding towards long-term sustainability. The project manager will be responsible for pre-launch program design and implementation, stakeholder outreach, and sustainability planning. This is a 50% (20 hrs/wk) part-time temporary position with the potential to become permanent and/or full-time. Remuneration commensurate with experience.
The Project Manager/Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Solidifying relationships and tasks with project partners.
- Communicating with a wide array of stakeholders, including through social media.
- Overseeing program design and pre-implementation with project stakeholders.
- Coordinating and conducting outreach to relevant state agencies, health and housing organizations, and potential funders.
- Launching a web-based portal hosting information on health and housing.
Who we are looking for:
- Required experience – At least 4 years of experience in the workplace, ideally with 2+ years in the housing or health fields.
- Educational requirements – College degree is required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Ideal experience – Contributed to the launch or ongoing coordination of a project in the health or housing fields.
- Competencies & attributes – Strategic thinker and creative problem solver; self-aware and curious; committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; ambitious and collaborative work ethic; organized project manager; ability to communicate with and build relationships across differences easily.
- Excited about and committed to Open Communities’ mission and social change more generally.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Command of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
Position to begin as soon as possible. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Healthy Housing Project Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis up through October 31, 2018.
If you are interested in volunteering, please explore our volunteer page.
Open Communities Alliance also hosts volunteer interns from undergraduate and graduate institutions and law schools. If you are interested, please visit our internship page.
Open Communities Alliance does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or any other basis protected from discrimination under applicable law. Open Communities Alliance is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.