Policy Analyst Position
Open Communities Alliance, a Connecticut-based civil rights non-profit, seeks a Policy Analyst. The Policy Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the development of research and policy recommendations that promote access to thriving communities for groups that have traditionally been isolated from opportunity. The Policy Analyst will also be deeply engaged in outreach and education in urban and suburban areas about the benefits of such policies as OCA continues to develop an urban-suburban interracial coalition to support its work.
Successful applicants will have the following characteristics:
- Master's in economics, public policy, or related field or a legal degree.
- Experience with opportunity equity, civil rights, and fair and affordable housing issues.
- Comfort interacting with all kinds of people and communities.
- The ability to speak compellingly about OCA issues.
- Flexibility to participate in evening and weekend events as needed.
- Strong research, mapping, and data analysis skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work accurately under time pressure and as part of a team.
- Fluency in Spanish is not required, but helpful.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including health insurance if full time. Full time, part-time, and flextime options are available.
Cover letter, resume and writing sample to be submitted to Erin Boggs via e-mail at email@example.com. Include POLICY ANALYST APPLICATION in the subject line. No phone inquiries please.
Deadline: October 7, 2016
If you are interested in volunteering, please explore our volunteer page.
Open Communities Alliance also hosts volunteer interns from undergraduate and graduate institutions and law schools. If you are interested, please visit our internship page.
Open Communities Alliance does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or any other basis protected from discrimination under applicable law. Open Communities Alliance is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.