Join Our Team!
Open Communities Alliance (OCA) is a Connecticut-based civil rights non-profit working to confront the state’s deep levels of residential segregation. The Outreach Director will oversee two exciting new initiatives and guide our outreach strategy:
- Empowering Choices for Educational Equity is a statewide outreach and education campaign designed to connect to resource-rich and under-invested communities around Connecticut to increase understanding of the link between segregation and educational outcomes.
- Healthy Housing Vouchers is an initiative, supported by the CT Health Foundation, which seeks to empower health providers to offer housing options to low-income families with asthmatic children the ability to move to neighborhoods likely to yield better health results, if the family so chooses.
- As OCA grows as an organization, we seek an individual for this role who can help us in a larger way shape our outreach strategy to fulfill our organizational mission of ending residential segregation in our state.
OCA seeks an individual committed to social justice capable of successfully leading the launch of these two new initiatives and guiding them towards long-term sustainability. The Outreach Director will be responsible for pre-launch program design and implementation, stakeholder outreach, community organizing, and sustainability planning. This is a leadership position with the successful candidate able to contribute to the vision of OCA’s future outreach work. A full-time position, remuneration is commensurate with experience, starting at $63,000/year.
The Outreach Director will be responsible for:
- Solidifying relationships and tasks with project partners.
- Communicating with a wide array of stakeholders, including through social media and OCA’s website.
- Overseeing program design and pre-implementation with project stakeholders.
- Coordinating and conducting outreach to relevant state agencies, policymakers, health and housing organizations, and potential funders.
- Launching a web-based portal hosting information on the initiatives.
Who we are looking for:
- Required experience – At least 4 years of experience in the workplace, ideally with 2+ years in the housing, health or education fields.
- Ideal experience – Contributed to the launch or ongoing coordination of a project in the health, housing or education fields and/or experience with community organizing.
- Competencies & attributes – Strategic thinker and creative problem solver; self-aware and curious; committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; ambitious and collaborative work ethic; organized project manager; ability to communicate with and build relationships across differences easily.
- Excited about and committed to Open Communities’ mission and social change more generally.
- Excellent writing, oral and social media communications skills.
- Command of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Nation Builder is a plus.
Position to begin as soon as possible. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Outreach Director” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but applicants are encouraged to apply before February 8th.
If you are interested in volunteering, please explore our volunteer page.
Open Communities Alliance also hosts volunteer interns from undergraduate and graduate institutions and law schools. If you are interested, please visit our internship page.
Open Communities Alliance does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or any other basis protected from discrimination under applicable law. Open Communities Alliance is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.